Discussion in 'Fan Forum - Random Thoughts' started by The Great Danton, May 22, 2017.
I just got it on 3D blu. I am THAT guy.
Are you happy Jbox?
Yes. Yes I am
Endgame takes down Avatar. #iaminevitable
So much new shit announced for Phase 4. I can only get so erect.
Thor 4 with Portman returning
Blade with Mahershala Ali - perfect casting
Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch teaming up in his sequel movie.
Fantastic Four being announced.
I enjoyed Spider-Man
Andy Serkis to Direct Venom 2?
Just finished Endgame. Amazing.
Two dumb things though:
Tony inventing time travel over the weekend.
Captain Marvel’s absence.
Completely forgiven because comic books.
The end made me fucking weep.
About time the amped up the emotions got dahmmit. Jeremy Renner is and has been the best actor on that cast...again about time you let the stars shine...stars shine...stars shine....stars shine...stars shine
Anyone notice the “thousand light years” comment by Tony at the beginning. Such a 311 fan!
Glad you liked it. It is amazing.
I kinda like Cap Marvel's absence. She was hyped as a big part of the fight, but instead it gives to OGs the spotlight. Her return was a great scene, but she will get her share of screentime in Phase 4 and 5.
The ending still had me tearing up on my 6th viewing. Cheeseburgers UGHHHH FML
Renner is underrated/underappreciated in the MCU. Great performance in Endgame, and needed to be after his IW no show
Yeah, it was quick but we get that great scene with him and Morgan saying shit. Man, this movie has me balling several times. And still it gets me.
1. Opening- Hawkeye losing his family in the most devastating of ways without any violence taking place and the lead in song Mr. Fantasy had me tearing up from the get go. His loss and the realization through the music in the opening that this was the end for this version of the Avengers got to me.
2. The rat- So Ant-man comes back and plays a great stand in for our perspective of what happened? So he very quickly realizes that the world is in a bad place and it affects his family directly. As a father of a daughter their reunion scene had me balling. He already lost years being in jail from pre- Antman #1 and then he loses five years of watching his daughter grow into a young woman?!? JUST WATCH HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS THEOUGH THAT WHOLE SCENE. And the directors said he ad-libbed the “You’re so big...” line. Perfect everyman acting.
*3. Bedtime- “I love you tons.” “I love you 3000.” His reaction and emotion after she says it really touched me but I didn’t cry.
4. Thor : The Dark World- Thor and Frigga. @The Great Danton nuff’ said. Having lost my mother, this scene was huge to me as we would all love another moment with our mothers. Tears and laughs.
5. Hologram- Tony then affectionately leans in to Morgan’s face and tells her “I love you 3000” I lost my fucking shit. The callback to the bedtime scene rocked me to my core. Oddly enough, the cheeseburgers scene does nothing for me other than nostalgia of connecting Iron Man.
6. Classic movie moment- after 10 years and 22 movies and the culmination of this shared universe, what expectations did you have for how it would all ultimately end before seeing it? And what did we get? A classic boy gets girl moment that pulls back all the way to Captain America: The First Avenger. “I’m gonna have to take a raincheck on that dance.” And the camera pulling in to see they finally get to stay positive and love their lives.
Did you see it in theaters or home?
I was up at the Funko Flagship in Everett on Tuesday for the event. Kid had a good time and so did my daughter.
Inside our home..home...home...etc.
I am Iron Man....(echo forever into the cosmos)
I am in peak DAD MODE, so I saw Endgame tonight. Finally.
I have very little to add that hasn't been said this far along. It was awesome. Iron Man & Cap got endings befitting of their characters.
But regarding the choking up etc... Peter talking to a dying Stark had me ready to fully break - not crying but that lump in your throat that legitimately hurts. That part was rough. Then Pepper comes in and I felt better because I just never felt chemistry between them. But the "son he never had" "dad he never had" "science respect" etc etc... god damn that Parker part.
I have been strongly emotionally tied to Spidey for most of my life - Tom Holland is an absolute godsend for fans.
Spidey is my guy. And I do have to say that this version takes the cake (wheat cakes). Even the changing of Tony Stark as mentor/father figure over Uncle Ben I am ok with. Truly the best. So @robb you absolutely need to see Spidey Far From Home. We’re you able to stay spoiler free for Endgame?
Okay a couple other things...
Like I alluded to way back when - almost an hour ago we were so young then - IM and Cap earned every bit of service the movie gives them. My only gripe is the window appeared to be two way, how did super agent Carter not see some creepy ass guy staring at her from five inches away? Other than that, I absolutely loved Cap's ending.
But IM gets - deservedly so for starting this machine gun money printer - the big sendoff. When it was "I am inevitable" and then "And I..." I let out an embarrassingly loud "HA!" Because you had to know what was coming. And it was PERFECT.
Also after Googling who that random person was at the funeral, LOLZ at having that little dork there. This is a quick side journey into negativity but I am team "Iron Man 3" sucks. I did not enjoy it - bottom 10% of the MCU for me easily. But I get why he's there (even if visually it's confusing). That funeral was not only hard-hitting within the plot of the movie / MCU, but the thematic closure to RDJ's MCU phases was powerful in meta ways.
I had heard there was no mid/end credits scene. And I fully understood the logic. So my wife and I had the movie running while we did our usual "talk about the movie" "I then go into comic explanations" "I keep going deeper into comic lore" "she questions why she is married to me" etc.
Then the hammer started clanging, and I got literal chills.
Spoiler free enough.
Oddly enough, the biggest spoiler surprise was that Cap didn't die. You knew RDJ and Evans weren't coming back, so I assumed they'd both get heroic sacrifice deaths.
But as someone who likes Hot Toys (side LOL at how often I see the Thanos Hot Toy used in articles about Avengers), Sideshow Collectibles, and a bunch of other stuff, I knew Tony would wield the stones.
As for MCU Spidey - I don't see Stark taking the place of Uncle Ben. They changed some details, for sure. But Stark just felt like Peter's tech idol / role model / father figure / god - but never taking away from any family bonds.
So glad you heard the hammer. I didn’t get to until my 4th viewing. I saw it six times before I got that digital code at the 3000 event.
Agree on Agent Carter. But minor complaint.
I love Iron Man 3. But I love Shane Black movies (Long Kiss Goodnight) great 90s flick with Sam Jackson. I was never into Iron Man in the comics so I had no beef with bastardizing the Mandarin. We will get a legit mandarin in Shang-chi.
First view of Endgame I was like who the fuck is...no! I am not going to get pulled out of the movie at this point.